Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Last Stop on the Internet Train...

If you're here, it's because you've been through the entire internet and finally landed here.  Either that or I sent you 50 links and you finally gave me a pity look.  Either way, welcome!  This is my adventure blog.  Why an adventure blog you ask?  (Pretend you asked.) It was sort of a natural progression.  Let's start at the beginning:

[insert wavy lines to indicate a flashback sequence]

It was 2007.  Gwen Stefani released The Sweet Escape, and Justin Timberlake announced that he was bringing Sexy Back.  I'm sure other, more important things happened, but if you remember them I don't need to recap the year for you.  So there.

2007 was also important personally.  I'd recently met an adventurer, who I married a few years later.  We spent most of our spare time running all over the Tennessee Valley area (we're based in Huntsville, Alabama), and then went further and further out.  So I started writing my own column in the Valley Planet called Adventures in the Tennessee Valley (and a little beyond).  When I wanted to expand into non-adventure related stories, I started a second column called Gal About Town.

At some point, I realized two things:
1. I wanted to write more than 750 words
2. I wanted to add more pictures

Also, I just wanted my own blog and this is all I know.  So basically, hello.  Read about my adventures, see my pictures, and hopefully laugh at my jokes.  This is just the intro post.  Don't judge the blog based on this entry.  Seriously, it'll get better.  And funnier.  And more informative.


Also, if anyone has lots of money, consider throwing it my way.  We are totally willing to go on adventures and vacations for you.  Name the place, pay the tab, and I'll write all about it in the most informative and entertaining way possible.  And also let you know if it's worth your time.  You're busy, Rich Person.  Let me pre-vacation for you!  (I realize that this is not likely to happen, but it can't hurt to try).  

No comments: